Welcome to solarpvhome.com a website that describes one family’s commitment to "Going Green and Saving Green". There are many green websites that go into detail about the advantages / disadvantages of Green Technologies. What makes this one different is that we are a real family (in Maryland) who are trying to Go Green, using real numbers and not hypothetical's. Our family is passionate about Green Technologies and Recycling.
Our motto - "Going Green should not Cost You Too Much Green".
Here are some of the devices and techniques we have installed in our home in Randallstown, Maryland
· Solar PV
· Hybrid SUV
· Solar Hot Water
· Solar Attic Fan
· Water Restrictors
· Toilet Banks
· Programmable Thermostat
· Auto Shut off Showerheads
· Rain Barrels
· Compost Bin
Here are the results of those actions….
· Generated 16+ megawatts (MW) through the installation of a Solar PV System
· Saved 19,000+ gallons of water through low flow showerheads, toilet banks and water restrictors
· Diverted over 10,500+ pounds of waste from the land fills – 4,900+ pounds of yard waste recycled and 5,700+ pounds of recyclable materials
· Save 1,750 KW per year by switching to CFLs
· Saved over 850+ gallons of gasoline or 45+ barrels of Crude Oil by purchasing a Hybrid SUV
· Saved 35,000+ pounds of CO2 from being release into the environment with all of our conservation techniques
In addition, we have purchase offsetting wind RECs so that our Carbon Foot Print for the Calendar Year 2011 and 2012 is ZERO.
Within this website I will detail our experience with each one of these Green Technologies and the Cost vs. Benefit Analysis. The recommendations we make are based upon our experiences and are not a sales pitch. We are just trying to provide a real world example of how "Going Green can Save You Green".